View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #30
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

SAFEGUARD SUCKS-

So, I bought a used 2103 135i with the Tire and Wheel warranty. the owner told me it transferred with the vehicle and BMWNA said the same thing as I asked several times. I took my car in the other day with nail in the tire. I was told warranty was still in previous owners name. So called Safeguard (the company that pays the claims and insures the tires and wheels.) they said that if they are not notified within 30 days of owner transfer then I am out of luck. Previous owner called to cancel and tried to get them to transfer the warranty to me and again was told to eff off basically. So it seems they got their money to insure the tires/wheels and now through a bogus loophole they are free of any liability. Wow, what a shady way to run a business. Anyway, there is a disclaimer on the back the mentions this policy but when you are in finance guys office signing 50 pages of stuff, who reads this? BMW was no help either. this is the first time that I have bought a used BMW and I will probably buy new next time as I have 5 times before. After my experience with these A-Holes, I will never give SAFEGUARD a dime of my money again. As long as they get their money and if they can get out of paying, they will. Shady business with awful customer service. I will also tell everyone that I know to use a different company if possible for tire and wheel warranty. OH BTW, they won't cover curb damage or replacement if your tires are worn to a certain level. And if you sell your car, they will do all they can to not honor the policy that was paid for in full as a transfer to a new owner even if you give them notice. A manager told me that they usually won't transfer the policies.