Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfpontes View Post
HELP!

Hello,

I own a 335i E90 N54 auto here in Brazil.. It has AMS DP, K&N inbox, COBB, and AA BOV .

Everytime I change my current map with the cobb system, the car seems to be stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear for a while, and suddenly it drops to 1st after a few ft of driving and everything stays normal.
This only happens right after I switch the map, when I turn on the car. And only one time every time the map is switched.

Also, if I select Reverse before the car has dropped to 1st, there is a big CLUNK noise coming from the transmission.

Why does this happen? I cant seem to find any plausible answers on Google or any other source. Also, the car missfires a little bit in its first start in the morning.

Thanks guys!
Sounds normal for somebody with Cobb and Alpina TCU flash. I have it too and that is how it behaves. It goes away and acts fine in a few minutes.
MHD Self-Tuned Scaled FlexFuel Map | M-Boost | N20 Tmap | Helix IC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS DCI | BMS Thermostat Delete | CP-E Charge Pipe | Tial-Q BOV | Apex Arc-8 Hyper Silver | Michelin PSS | Cool Carbon Brake Pads R/T | SS Brakelines | ECS 2-Piece Rotors F/R | xHP Stage 3 | xDelete Sport | KW-V1 Coilovers | Turner Strut Brace | Lux Angel Eyes | CF Kidneys | Scoops
Appreciate 0