View Single Post
      06-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Friendly Reminder - RR Oil Catch Can

I was skeptical at first about the RR Oil Catch Can leakage issue. Only a few people had reported it, so I didn't bother going out of my way to check.

Anyhow, I needed to replace something under the hood and thought I'd do a quick visual check. No signs of anything. Oddly the indicator tube on the catch can had barely changed color. I felt the bottom of the can and what do you know, oil dripping out. I remove the can and just about every seal (aside from the hose connection points) was leaking oil down the engine bay.

I remember in the other thread they had leakage issues on the other connections. I went ahead and removed the cowl and checked all the other connection points -- very little oil visible, but had I not checked sooner the seals would have been lubricated enough to allow much more oil to flow out. I cleaned every connection of oil, bought all new seals, and clamped every possible area I could find.

Just another reminder for everyone out there who purchased this catch can - it leaks unless properly sealed, check it.

Last edited by ianthegreat; 06-02-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0