View Single Post
      07-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #17
andrewflk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I took it for another run and got limp mode in 15min while just cruising. So I pulled into a park and ride with the resolution to just yank it out. But when I got the ECU cover off I found the male-female splice for the 7 wire had pulled apart when I put the cover on last time. I redid the splice and bundled the wires together using tape and tie wraps in a way they can’t pull apart again.

I drove it about 50 miles without issues including some full throttle runs up through 3rd gear. Wow what an increase in power!

Like Shiv had said in a prior post almost every time there has been a problem it has been a bad harness or usually a “user” error. With me it was both!

At least I now have become quite proficient at getting the covers off and could probably remove the PROcede for service in about 15min.

Hope this doesn’t scare anyone away from the PROcede! Because of the info I found on this board at no time did I feel like I wasn’t going to get the problem resolved. It’s just all part of modifying your own car.
Appreciate 0