View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #47
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Uh oh! Blocked punt ties the game. GA has a fight on its hands with North Texas...

One game does not rule out SC. We haven't had an undefeated national champ in years. Run the table from here and win the SEC championship and odds are good SC is in the title game.
The final score doesn't tell the story, they were tied till the middle of the third quarter weren't they? Seems like they were looking ahead in the schedule and overlooking North Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
doe it bother anyone else that a teams season can be defined by 1 game, hell they can be defined by the first game. Take my team for example(Gamecocks) they win their first non conference game and lose then next to GA now their chances of even making it to the SEC championship are slim to none that freaking sucks!

also what is this thing about a new playoff system that i hear about, anyone care to explain?
I think really why people throw them out is because if they don't go to the SEC championship and win, they most likely won't go to the national championship. The SEC East is more forgiving in terms of losing an SEC conference game than the West. Like kscarrol said, SC definitely isn't out of the running, they just made it harder on themselves.

The playoff system will come into play next year. The top 4 teams will compete in two games, then the winner of each game will play each other for the title. This is from Wikipedia:

"The four-team bracket will pit the No. 1-ranked team against No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3. The selection committee will seed the two semifinal games to prevent the top two seeds from playing in a "road" environment. There will be no limits on the number of teams per conference, in a change from previous BCS rules. Bowl selections will not be determined by conference "automatic qualifier" berths, as used in the BCS, though there will be conference tie-ins for certain non-semifinal bowl games along with an annual guaranteed spot for a mid-major representative."
Appreciate 0