Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
I called Savage BMW in Ontario, CA.

Parts Adviser told me there was no solution to my car, as for the bluetooth module to fit, I needed to have a certain "package".

Then I provided the Tischer part # and he said "Oh, hmm yeah that would work; why didn't you give this to me earlier. Ok that would be $1500, let me transfer you to service. After they install the TCU unit, you would need software update, let me transfer you now."

The service adviser (after a 20 minute wait): "I apologize for the wait. I talked my shop foreman and he looked at me kinda weird and said: 'All 07 335is should have phone preparation.'" So I gave him my VIN and he confirmed I had satellite and phone preparation. So then we back to square one with him suggesting I just get a bluetooth module.

However, he DID quote that a TCU installation with labor is 3 hours: $396.24. for 3 hours of labor, including the necessary programming to get it to work.

Ok the SA called me back telling me that because I don't have BMW Assist (DUH! no ZPP ) I have no wiring capability to accept a TCU unit equipped with bluetooth.

So I asked him to humor me and kindly look up the SIB and he said he will call me back.
If there are other devices that need updating, that would justify the cost. Contact me directly, I'd be happy to look into coding your TCU in-house.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0