Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Hi all,

My new wheels are going on tomorrow and I just had a thought...do I have tyre pressure sensors? I don't recall finding this on the dash or in the manual, I've had my wheels off twice also and I received no errors so I'm guessing I don't and the wheel swap is straight forward.
Yes and no. There are no specific sensors (e.g. inside of each wheel) to measure the air pressure.

However, the car is able to supervise the tire pressure indirectly as it measures the diameter of the wheels through the DSC (electronical stability control) sensors. If it therefor detects that the diameter decreases very fast, it will give out a tire pressure warning light. That system is not completely bulletproof as it can't detect a very slow decrease in tire pressure, but it's usually efficient enough. It operates obviously within a certain tolerance as far as tire pressure parameters are concerned, so simply swapping wheels will usually not upset it.

Alpina_B3_Lux