09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Hmmmm,,,,, BMW of Rockville aka VOB tried to rob you?

That is disappointing to hear, I've had nothing but great experiences with this dealer since the change. I recommend seeing SA Jeff Doss when you go back - very professional and courteous. It may not change the shop fee, but he is a good dude, in fact I was so happy with his service I wrote the ne GM of the dealership (former GM of Tischer BMW) a nice note, to which he replied promptly. I will ask aboout this rate and so-called shop fee next time I go in for service.
Jeff's always been good. I knew him back when he was a store manager for Starbucks years ago. I have a lot of positive things to say about any number of the members of their team (Jeff, DAngelo, Bill, etc), but there are few things I hate more than wasting time. They eventually worked it out and knocked the price down to a similar price to that which I had been charged historically, so no qualms with service there. Just be aware that you may be seeing a larger bill than you did before if you're heading in for an oil change. I will still go there for warranty service and possible future work, but I will definitely be asking for an up front quote henceforth (even for little stuff).

Overall, I would say the change has been positive (despite a few growing pains in the beginning and the increased margin expectations on low dollar invoices). The loaner fleet is certainly 100% improved. Nothing wears on a guy like dropping off an x5 for warranty/service and being handed the keys to a Toyota echo by the enterprise rep :-)

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0