Drives: e92 n54 LSD....

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaux View Post
*** UPDATE and CONCLUSION ***
So I got it "fixed"...

This is INCORRECT...
The two "bigger" holes = Spacer Clip (Part#07147122912)
The two "smaller" holes = Pin (Part#07147122913)

This is CORRECT...
The two "bigger" holes = Pin (Part#07147122913)
The two "smaller" holes = 1 was still "plastic bolted" on still, so I did not have to do anything. The second "smaller" hole that connects the rear control arm, I used a screw to get it fastened on.

Not Used
Spacer Clip (Part#07147122912)

Although I bought them, they were not used. My guess is that they are what the "pins" screw into. I believe they are the "part" that gets clipped into the unibody frame, "under" the wrapped rocker panel. I am speculating, since they were intacted, I did need to replace them.

The REALOEM diagrams say they are needed for fastening, so I am only guessing...

My fix included, EPOXYING the broken plastic so that I don't have to buy a new one. The epoxy is very strong and it should hold up. I also duct taped it down (pictures will show), and then I sprayed it with "Rocker Guard" to seal it up (I did not take picture of that).

Overall, PITA. More annoying then anything. Turned out to be a smaller job than I anticipated.

See pictures, hopefully this will help some folks out there. This is my way of trying to contribute to the community. Hopefully others will continue to post pictures, etc to help others out as well.
Your post helped me a lot. My mud flap was left without anything for the bigger holes after getting my right quarter panel repaired from recent accident. Those body shop people always leave something un-finished. I am ordering the parts asap so that the dangling mud flap doesn't get lost.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0