View Single Post
      07-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
yes but outlaws like gangs etc mostly turn on each other, they dont usually kill innocent people. they will find guns yes. but mentally unstable, kids whick their teacher gave them bad grades, un upset employee who just lost his job and lost it will not be able to find guns, at least as easy as now..
People like to think that the human race is so far evolved that violence is only due to the fact that guns make it easier to kill. But, if guns were magically removed to the earth, humans would still find a way to kill each other.

If an outraged student or coworker really wants to cause problems, and guns are gone, I think people will turn back to poison or explosives for mass murders. It really wouldn't be hard considering mass transit, sporting events and the like, so your question is a moot point. Guns are only the mechanism. People are the cause of the deaths.

When swords were the most effective weapon, everyone carried one for self protection, duels etc. The only difference is after killing about five people on a rampage you'd get tired and maybe have to stop for a bit, thereby allowing everyone else to stab you back or flee.

If someone started killing people with Bic pens, (Yes its possible) would you rush in to ban the pen? What about the compound bow? Good range, decent rate of fire if you train hard enough? Should bows be illegal?

These arguments always come up after a man caused event such as this because people are scared. Unfortunately, fear and the lack of perception of events as they are unfolding cause far more deaths than might otherwise have happened in any particular event. If a single, well trained person had been in that theater, I expect the whole thing would have been minimized.

As I said, people are the problem. Not guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0