United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C, 97 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.00]
1989 BMW M3  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoob024 View Post
Have been in love with Bimmers my entire life (my dad's owned the last three generations of the 5) and am FINALLY in a place to get my first one. The number of options of going about this are kind of mind boggling (model versus means of acquiring it). As of now I'm thinking a CPO 335i. My dream is still an M3, but unfortunately am not in a position to be considering that (yet... or am I).

Any pitfalls/suggestions/gotchas/tips? What should I be looking for and/or asking about when looking at CPO's? Are turbos an issue with 335i CPO's? Is an M3 even an option at this point? Even the amount of info on this site is kinda daunting. Thanks in advance!!!
If you are asking the question of whether or not an M3 is an option and you aren't sure of the answer then it is definitely not an option for you.

What to look for in a CPO 335i is no different than any other used car - inspect it thoroughly. Keep in mind CPO doesn't cover wear items or radio or nav electronics - pay particular attention to those items because you are stuck with any defects that haven't been corrected under the factory warranty or as part of negotiating a deal.

Turbos are a potential issue regardless if it is CPO or not - only difference is you can likely get those replaced under CPO warranty if they are a problem.

Performance Center Delivery, June 21, 2013: 2013 E92 335is | Le Mans Blue | Gray Leather with Black | 6MT | 19" Style 313's | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler |
Appreciate 0