View Single Post
      07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #24
SteveF1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

I spoke with Darren last week when I went to his garage requesting a quote about some mod work I need doing and he seemed really helpful. He has even met Patrick Head from the WilliamsF1 Team and had a picture in his office shaking his hand to prove it after attending some form of award ceremony in 2002 were he received a certificate. Must be good!

Sadly because I kicked off with BMW with the numerous problems I've had with my AUC 320D they gave me a full years BMW insured comprehensive warranty worth £550 absolutely free. How can that be sad you say....well it obliges me to have the car serviced lock stock and barrel at a BMW dealership and will not allow any work to be done by indy garages even if these use genuine parts. So this rules out my upcoming service being done there.

The insured warranty is great if things go wrong but a pisser as my major third service is due in September and it'll cost £500 at the dealer, probably around £300 at Darrens gaff using the same parts and being fitted by an ex BMW technician!

Thankful but annoyed in the same breath.
Appreciate 0