06-15-2007, 03:54 AM   #6
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

WTF?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
I would rather just get the M3. I wouldn't want to have a poser M3!
Ok, here is the thing. Please don't take it as an direct insult to you, but there are some things you have to realize. Not everyone wants to make their car look like an M3 or just throw on a M3 badge for "status" symbol (and I'm sure there are **** who do that). The e92 335i has brought in a lot of new turbo enthusiasts who see good potential with this setup. BMW naturally a pretty balanced car with I-6 and twin turbo setup brought in a different crowd into its family of BMW drivers with this new car. I for one have never really liked an 3 series enough to want to purchase it. I've been driving Audis' with the turbo Quattro setup for sometime now. But Audi is starting to shift away towards NA and I saw real potential with the 335. Turbo cars can be tuned, and some of us really like doing stuff to our cars. That is not to say I am a "wanna be m3". Maybe I can't afford an M3, but even if I could I would still mod the shit out of the M3 which doesn't necessarily make me a wanna be CSL. This guy wants fenders because maybe he wants to put wider wheels on his car. You see some people just might actually want to do a single turbo swap and im sure in 12-16months you will start to see some 420+ rwhp 335s (maybe sooner).

But YES, the new M3 will still be a nice car. Will a stock M3 handle as good as a 335 with coilovers, forged wheels, front + rear sway bars, strut brace, race seats, roll cage+harness? I highly doubt it. To each and his own, everyone have different opinions on mods. Just because you drive an M3 does not make you an enthusiast. I've seen some M3 with big bodykits, 20" rims, lambo doors, airbag suspension (riding 5mm off the ground). You tell me that guy wants to drive around for the performance and not for the show or being a poser. Think about it, some people are here to share knowledge on performance parts and not trying to make their car into an M. And wider fenders could very well be considered a performance mod. I don't see him asking where he can buy an M3 badge, SON!
Appreciate 0