View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

All those lens are really nice. I am a big fan of Tamron and Tokina lens. For some reason all 3 of the lens you've selected are all great for IQ and has had very reliable auto-focus. Tamron makes great lens for the price, but I heard the non-VC version, has superior image quality when taken in same conditions, ie. on a tripod. VC or IS on canons are useful only if you already have a very steady hand, otherwise its not that useful. It will only save you about 1-2 stops at most, realistically.

The 28-75 is really a gem, I had it before I upgraded to a Canon 24-70L, and I had huge buyers remorse because the Tamron's picture looked pretty much the same unless your above F8, and on a crop body, the 24-70 almost have no advantage over the Tamron 28-75 because the only part that is reportedly to be better than the Tamron on the Cacnon is edge sharpness, and on a crop-body, its cropped out anyways.

I would suggest the 28-75 because of its added range on the far end. Car photography with UWA is played out IMO, go for the longer range at around F3 or 3.5, and the background bokeh is very sexy.