11-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Please don't take this personally but I have come to the conclusion that most US member value 'bang for the buck' beyond most everything else and what you call 'bang per buck' I call it 'cheap and cheerful'. As such then most European/German brands will always come off second best against US/Asian brands.

Another thing that seem to be more common in the US is modifying cars instead of leaving them stock as is more common here, this actually surprises me considering most cars are leased.

Translated, that means we value performance over interior luxuries in many cases, and I'd agree with you. Keep in mine that the person asking the question is in the US. It's a matter of personal preference though. I like a little bit of both, but at the same time, I'll take a hit on interior refinement for a significant increase in performance at the same price point.

Vehicle ownership in the US most likely costs a lot less (when considering disposable income of the average buyer) than most of Europe, so that might explain why it's more common to modify them. We also have a more car oriented culture in general, with a lot of variety.

Last edited by jeremyc74; 11-17-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0