View Single Post
      04-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #289
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yes absolutely, it is 1 of 2 forms of direct timing control. Some people say differently because a) they don't (or choose not to) understand it OR b) They have something to sell you which is incapable of doing the same thing.

Shiv
yea.. it's an issue of semantics.........arguing over the definition of "direct"

some tunes are incapable of ANY influence on timing, so they have taken to attacking the use of the word "direct"... deflecting from the fact that they can't do the same thing....

the argument is based on saying it's not "direct" control unless the actual timing comes straight from the piggy's lookup table....

personally i don't care whether you call it 'direct' or not, but the procede does control timing in that it applies an offset based on current conditions, to get the engine to run in an optimum way, without relying on knock sensors and the DME....

"direct" or not... i don't give a @*)#%* ... I think it's a more complete solution and a more conservative approach.... Given the engine costs around 15K PLUS labor.... I feel a lot more comfortable with it

(there are claims that the DME adds back in what the procede pulls, but that has been proven, logged, posted to this board...to be false)
Appreciate 0