View Single Post
      10-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #299
tommithy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarch1
When you go take your emissions certification, you will probably have to reinstall the stock system. Unless there could be a XEDE MAP that would somehow make the emissions pass (maybe a valet/less tuned map?)
I'm not worried about the Xede mapping, etc. as the Xede unit will be easy to remove so the engine runs it's default programming from the factory I'm just curious if the new exhaust will not have the secondary cats in it. It would be a pain to have to swap out the exhaust whenever you need to go in for emissions check.

One thing that comes to mind is that Shiv mentioned a $3000 price tag. Later he mentioned that the Xede would only be about $1300 so that's close to $1700 for exhaust. Seems a little spendy unless it comes with highflow cats. What is "Secondary cat deletes"? Does that mean 'without the secondary cats'?