Thread: Urea refill
View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
theskunk
Private
Rep
Drives: none yet

Sorry to revive an older thread, but I've a few questions that simply don't seem to be covered elsewhere (yes, I've searched, it isn't clear as far as I've found). Once I've done this I will post a write up (with pictures) to help out everybody else that can be stickied/easily searchable.

1) I bought bmw diesel DEF, as well as one of the VW cannisters. I popped off the side cover of my exhaust refil cap and have found two ports - I assume one is the active, one is the passive. Which should I target to refill? I put a half gallon in the lower one the day I got the 999 remaining warning just to get me through the week, however today I need to put more in to get things going.

2) Flushing - doesn't seem to be required, however when I was at bmw they suggested that I have them do it since its 'supposed to be flushed'. I asked them to check my service records, and it had never been flushed in the past, i questioned them on this and they didn't have much of an answer. If we can flush with distilled water, a) should we? b) once you put the water in, how do you get it back out?

3) If you spill this stuff, whats the best way to clean it off my garage floor? I did make a small-ish mess, and just hosed it off.

2011 335d Ti Silver M-Sport
Appreciate 0