View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
billtvt
Registered
Rep
Drives: e70

Hi- what a great and informative post. I have a question that hopefully you can answer. I have an E70 with sirius installed. A few weeks ago, it got wet from moisture travelling down the antenna cable into the radio, and the SAT function became grayed out on my nav screen and stopped working. The dealer diagnosed this of course as "outside influence" and thus not covered by warranty. I pulled the unit out and noticed some corrosion on the board, which I carefully cleaned up. Reinstalled the radio, and SAT is still grayed out- so not sure if the radio is fried or not. However- when the sat unit is unplugged, I have no other cd or radio function- so trying to figure out what I can do to unplug the sat to have it checked out- and still maintain my stereo...
Also- if the SAT shorted out, and let's suppose that the corrosion I cleaned up was the culprit- would the dealer have to re-code the car so that it knows the SAT is there- or is that a one time thing (ie the car should still recognize the SAT if it is working ...)

thanks much

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsandsounds View Post
That doesn't sound right, it probably means the satellite reciever isn't being recognized. Even without and antenna you should see the ESN number of the unit show up.

The receiver should have been mounted in the trunk, lift up your trunk lid and it should be on the left hand side.
Appreciate 0