View Single Post
      05-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #9
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
The 912s don't have a rim protector and are built more for comfort than sport. The 452s do have a rim protector and are build for more sport than comfort. The 912s will therefore last longer due to more likely being a cruiser than a ragger and are slightly cheaper.

I've got the 452s fitted and, so far, cannot fault them, especially for the price. I'm still going easy on them but must admit I'm finding the grip better than my old Bridgestones. Just keep tweaking the pressure so that they're spot on.

Just go onto BlackCircles to get a price then contact the recommended fitter to see if they are happy putting non-RFTs onto your car. Once you've got a price you can barter with any local tire fitter to match it.

Carlos, given the way you are famed to drive, there are two routes I'd imagine. Speed lots on high quality rubber (PS2s) or spend a lot less (Falken) and just hammer them change more often.

I've worked out for me that even changing the Falkens more often will work out better financially in the long run (don't know why I ever use that argument as I never keep a car long enough to fulfil it!!!).
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0