View Single Post
      11-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Habberstad BMW CPO, absolute disaster.

Purchased E90 335i CPO. Car is 98% mint, runs solid, no problems there.

Problem comes upon delivery. As per the CPO checklist, the car should come with ALL original equipment, INCLUDING floor mats, and a proper instruction manual. So basically, no floor mats, a non i-Drive manual. At delivery Friday 11/19, the salesperson Alan Wall verbally promised that he would MAIL out the proper manual and floor mats on Monday 11/22. On 11/22, he states "oh executive demo cars don't come with floor mats". After arguing with him, he advised he would provide floor mats. Fast forward the next day, he asks if he can meet me near the highway in Queens to give me the floor mats and proper manual and pick up the incorrect manual.

My wife went for me, because I was unable to do so due to work, and when I get home, I discover the incorrect mats, and received no manual, yet again.

Call BMW NA, they state "all dealers are independently operated I can only file a complaint, nothing more". Spoke to sales manager Derek at Habberstad, "it was a loaner car, it doesn't come with carpeted mats, only the mats you received, but I would be more than happy to sell you a new set". At this point, I filed with the BBB and took BMW NA's offer to file a complaint up.

Being that the CPO checklist clearly indicates that any mismatched or incorrect parts to be replaced with OE (original equipment) parts, as per this link http://resource.bmwusa.com/Pdf_988f0...cd9e87fc2.arox

I clearly don't believe I'm in the wrong here.

Either way, these guys don't have any regard for after-sales support. Stay the hell away from them. I wish I bought from Pace BMW again.