03-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #17
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
In response to LUX, the lights are definitely locked in properly, no doubt about it. The install took that long because there is no room to work with in the head light.

As for the rest of the comments, the distribution really is bad. I just took a picture I will upload later in daylight from 15 feet away (maybe more), and you can't even see light in the outer rings. The only way you can see it well is if you get down on your knees (that's what she said). If you're not at a very low stance, they outer rings will not show well. How often are our eyes three feet from the ground? Not often.

Not saying I don't like the lights, just that the light distribution is bad (not LUX's fault).
In the Bold section above, you are referring to the design of the BMW Headlight, Not the LUX H8 angel eyes. If you are saying that the distribution is bad, then can can not blame that on the LUX - the light distribution of the LUX is actually about 100% Better then a stock bulb.

Its not that you are often 3 feet from the ground, but rather if you are 15-20 feet away from the car then it will look correct. If you are driving down the road and someone looks in their rear view mirror they will see the correct angel of the headlights
Appreciate 0