05-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
YMB_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Flash tunes are best for the track. With cobb aggressive or race maps, the power hasn't been cut for me once limp mode sets in, so I can continue racing, once I've checked the code, once, and they same code typically re-occurs. Meth is also a big no no on the track, as we've already lost an engine on here due to using meth at the race course. Check your code to see whats going on with your car, and report back. It's all speculation till we know what code you pulled.

I agree that flash tunes are superior to piggy backs for the track but meth is a big no no on the track? say what?
The engine that was lost on this forum was due to a faulty FSB or meth controller... Too much meth was injected and the engine was hydrolocked. That could have happened on or off the track. There are plenty of people running meth on the track on this platform and countless on others.... so meth on the track is not a " no no". Yes, it may be smarter to run a trunk mount set up rather than a windshield washer resovoir set up because meth can splash from the resovoir onto the downpipes and cause a fire, but meth is not a no no on the track
Appreciate 0