View Single Post
      10-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #225
jeff2.0t
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40i, 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk View Post
Does the fule pump also gets it's lubricity from the engine oil? I seem to recall a diagram that showed oil flowing through the pump. This may be a coincidence but when I was running Red Line oil there were no long cranks. When I changed to the BMW oil, as part of the free scheduled maintenance, shortly after I was starting to get long cranks. This may be totally unrelated...

I dont think any fuel pump gets it's lubricity from oil or any external system, the pump gets it's lubricity with the additive present in the fuel.

With the Vw TDI Bosh DI pump, the lubricity spec of the diesel in USA was lower than the lubricity spec needed by the pump, so they explode while in other country with "better" fuel they work perfectly. Some people in USA are now adding additive and it helped a lot.

Maybe they mix Ethanol or other crap in your fuel and lubricity isn't verry good.

All this scares me, I was in the market for a used 335i... but shit an older 330i with more milles worth more than a 335i, it make you wonder what the hell is going on with the 335i.

I will probably buy a slower R32 or an Audi A4 or worst case scenario a G35 coupe unless they find a permanent solution soon for this.

Good luck with this I imagine how you can feel about this... Sorry for my poor english.

Last edited by jeff2.0t; 10-31-2010 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0