12-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #34
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
Not everything that SCOTT says is written in stone anyway. Look at the 1M: there were many many things that SCOTT had told us would be a part of the 1M and they are nowhere to be seen. Granted he provides a lot of useful information, but he can be wrong, and not uncommonly is. Not to say that there will be an M version of this car, but I've learned to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

I'm sure the discordance in the 1M was a result of time and money constraints, but it's merely an example of a marketing guy giving us details on the final decisions of a car. Again, I do appreciate the information SCOTT provides, but it's not the final word...
I'm going to back jmunro. At the 1m predrive, several of us that are forum members wondered among ourselves if Scott26 was present. At dinner I asked the direct question if Scott26 was present. Answer -No.

Another person then asked if Scott 26 is an insider that posts for BMW. This drew a ton of laughs. One of the M people went so far as to say that they don't know who Scott26 is, but that they'd like to meet him (lol) because a lot of his info is not correct. He did acknowledge that quite a bit of the info is correct but the recommendation was to take the info from Scott26 with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 0