View Single Post
      10-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

For the deposit on my E90 ($1,000), I put it on a credit card (hooray for reward points!), so unless you're putting a huge amount down, there shouldn't be a problem. Even if you are putting a lot down, the dealer might allow it -- just check with them first, and of course make sure you have the available credit on your card (even AMEX cards have limits I believe, they just aren't disclosed, so each charge is handled on a charge-by-charge basis from what I understand).

I just logged on to BMW's Owner's Circle, and it doesn't appear you can make payments via credit card. I also signed up for paperless statements, so I can't say that on the paper statement they don't provide you with credit card payment options.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could put the whole thing on a credit card, and if your rate is low, you'll have decent monthly payments. Be advised, however, that recent changes have made minimum payments on credit cards 4% of the balance, not the 2% it had been. So in effect I think it would be impossible to pay for the car for any longer than 25 months (I'm probably ignoring some math which would alter that length but a little, but 25 is probably about right).
Appreciate 0