06-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #130
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I did a couple little things to the car over the weekend so I thought I would post an update...

Firt things First! SSK! I installed a short shift kit with an E46 SSK knob that I bought off here. It works/looks great and couldn't be happier with it. It shortened my shifts pretty dramaticly. I need to do that tranny fluid resistor mod so I dont bounce around in second when I shift fast though. But thats another day.

here's a pic installed.

Name:  IMG_4040.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  131.5 KB

I also decided to remount my spoiler because I think the mounting tape I used before wasn't quite cutting it. It seemed to be lifting just a bit, and I really didn't want to flying away on the freeway at 115mph. So yeah, I went and got more mounting tape, took off and cleaned the old tape and mounting spot. then remounted it. I also took some of the new tape and remounted the 330i badge and the roundel. The roundel looks a LITTLE ghetto if you get close and try to look behind it just because on the sides i had to put like 4 layers of mounting tape to make it sit properly to the opposite convex of the spoiler. But it looks ok I guess. I'm thinking I might get a roundel vinyl made that looks like a real one but obviously will be thin and flat. but we'll see. The car came with shitty looking fake carbon emblems. I have sense replaced the wheel ones with OEM because my bro works at a wheel shop, but I want to eventually replace them all with white and black ones. But yeah, here is a pic of that!

Name:  IMG_4043.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  259.6 KB

Then, as I am trying to get my new house all put together and organized I found my old German licence plate that I had on my old A4 and E36. So sense I couldn't afford my new bumper yet and had some extra mounting tape, I figured what the hell, why not?! and put that on the front. at very least, it covers the nasty OEM mounting holes. here's a pic.

Name:  IMG_4041.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  218.4 KB

But yeah, for the next little bit that is probably it. I really want that front bumper and the car is going to go back to where I bought it from to get the back bumper repainted and the alignment done. Then it needs its service. So yeah. If you have any suggestions on possible oil combo's let me know!
Appreciate 0