View Single Post
      11-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #40
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Just talked to my tech. They've found my valve system is pretty gummed up again (see first post), and they're waiting on BWMUSA to approve the full job, which is apparently one that requires their approval due to the billing size. The last time this happened, the car ran dramatically better, and the rough idle did go away for a time.

They'll also be checking plugs and other ignition parts of the system given how it appears the issue came back after the misfire event I had after my last visit.

My SA talked to the shop foreman, who didn't want to reset adaptation values as described above. He asked to see whatever information I could get from the other tech and take a look to better understand the situation. 335i E92, do you have anything from him that I can share?

They're keeping the car overnight to finish the job tomorrow, so I'll post back and update once she's back in my hands.
It's not your valves...

I had a FULL engine out head rebuild, they sent the entire head off to be chemically cleaned and decarbed and it still misfired like a pig at idle.

This problem is plugs & adaptation related, I'm going in tomorrow 8.30 to get the gaps on my plugs double checked and then the special adaptation reset. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's our fix or if it's another thing to tick off the list of possibilities.
Appreciate 0