01-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #142
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Thanks for chiming in Wedge. You want to keep going down this road, really? The parallel setup outflows by 40%+ at rated pressure. Sure, you can throw more restriction in front of it, but it sure as hell isn't going to make that full 40% flow difference go away. Maybe 10% of it if you're lucky. Again, supply some data ON THIS platform showing what you're saying is correct. Until then you've basically just been blowing hot air, and this data underscores that.
You really have no clue do you! Yes Parallel pumps move more volume on low restriction systems, everyone knows that. The test data I provided showed that to be true. So mr smarty pants, what have you told us that I didn't already. You keep talking, but you don't actually provide any real data, just banter.

Put a parallel pump setup on a high restriction system and you may as well be running one pump because you'll still have pressure drops on surge. The chart is going to be the same and you can go find 10 more charts just like this in different senerios that will have the same outcome. So, do you need to sustain pressure or increase volume or both? You seem to know alot, please tell us oh so smart one?

The only solution that does both is series and if you can't see that then you are dumber than I thought you were. Bottom line is we have three options on the table. They are all viable options depending on your needs and we won't know how parallel pumps stack up until someone drops that solution in a car and tests it. I hope it works and can sustain the pressure drops on surge. So before you keep spouting off like you are so smart, why don't you go do some testing and get back to us on how your parellel system works so much better. I recalling you once said or maybe more than once, that a single walbro would out performed the pumps in series. Even Terry's data proved you were wrong. So who is full of hot air?
Appreciate 0