09-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Alexm007
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3, 09 E70,07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post
Hi all, obviously from the title, I am a newbie here. Found this forum from a link in bimmerfest leading to Logic 7 settings for improved sound quality. I, with my wife were previous owners of a brand new (at the time) e36 99 M3 5MT Coupe, Cosmo Black w/ Ivory int. What a great fun driving car for that time. Sadly it was totaled by a pine tree. Currently I am searching for my next bimmer..07-08 335i e92 with sport and premium pkg 6MT. The good thing is I have time, looking to buy in the spring, but my preference for ext and int color may make it a long search. Dark Gray(Sparkling Graphite?) with Coral Red int. I look forward to gleening much info into mods and problems to watch for. Glad to find a place where I can find helpful members and sponsers while I ponder and plan while I search.

I also find half of what I'm looking for on bimmerfest, half here. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what threads are where, and where I've posted...

Lowcountry SC, boom, I'm in the upstate, GVL , nice to meet you.

I just bought a E92, 2007 335i, ZSP, Sparkling Graphite, and I have read a lot of threads on the car, both here (had to look at the web address bar) and bimmerfest. I bet most people will tell you the following:

1. HPFP - High Pressure Fuel Pump - seems to be a known issue, there are even sticky's on the topic. do a If yours fails, BMW will replace at no charge, and give the new pump a guarantee to 120k.

2. Wastegates/Turbos - I believe there are some current threads on this, if not, check bimmerfest. If you are under warranty, OK, otherwise this could get expensive.

Other than that, I haven't heard much. I would be interested to see what other members write considering I already own this car.

Cheers,
Alex

Current: 2019 G01 X3
Before that: 2009 e70 X5
Before that: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe - ZSP
Appreciate 0