View Single Post
      05-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #1625
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks Greg, I appreciate the response. I might try one of the two listed. It sounds as if the CQuartz might be the easier of the two to work with for a less experienced person like myself as opposed to a professional detailer? I see the warnings on the Opti Coat 2 about high spots and such. Am I correct in that assumption?

I appreciate the candid answer. So many of the "high tech" nano products come with so much hype that it is really hard for the average guy to filter through what is true and what is BS. It makes sense to me that chemists will work on new & better products, and I hope to use such, but then some of the advertisements seem to be unadulterated BS and it strains belief. I think it is better for a guy like me to listen to a voice of experience rather than stumble along blindly trying different products, so I do appreciate your advice.
I understand that there is so much BS/marketing hype it's hard to read between the lines. I'd encourage you to check out our Ask a Pro Blog for more unbiased advice and info, it's a great resource that I learn from as well.

The original Opti-Coat was definitely much harder to work with but version 2 is relatively user friendly. I would say the application is pretty similar between the two, if you leave ridges or high spots you'll simply want to polish them for perfection. You can't go wrong either way, both are outstanding.

Take care!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0