03-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #51
torqnDC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine
Did you try coding the KOMBI to see if it fixes your problem? If not, just change any value or simply code it with a blank man file. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqnDC View Post
Don't know how many have heard about the Alpina B3 flash for the TCU in the 6ATs, but it has been confirmed functional on the n54's after 03/07. I have tried this on the n55 and it works, but I need more data points from anyone else to see if they get the same results. Only unexpected thing I've noticed that varies from the n54 guys is when I'm in manual mode, when I shift gears the tach will drop to 0 for about a second then shoot back up to it's proper place. The car (engine and transmission) physically behave fine, just the tach seems to get confused.

Anyone else on here want to try it out? The main thread on this is over on [Admin Notified] but it has all the information needed.

For what it's worth, this flash has a pronounced impact on how the 6AT functions. The car feels more like a DCT than an automatic, and it's so much fun to drive. I'm going to drive the car more to get more of a burn-in period to see if I notice any negative impacts, but barring anything too intrusive I would say this is definitely a performance upgrade for all E9x 6AT's
Yes, that was one if the first suggestions. Tried defaulting kombi, no impact :/ I've got two things to try this afternoon however