11-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #455
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
What does CMR stands for in Phoenix CMR? I am comfortable in the advanced groups, but for tracks I have never been to before, I'd take it easy the first time in the intermediate group, as I want to learn the track properly, instead of constantly having to give point bys.

Yes, the plan is to try Mosport or WGI (or both)

Why are you cutting down next year? The car needs to be driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
You, know .... I have no clue what CMR means.

I have to cut down. I went a little overboard last year. Burned a freakin huge enough hole. I think 9 or 10 track days will suffice.
not sure what CMR stands for either but they are a great bunch of people. i didnt find the advanced group overly aggressive.

ken, even if you are placed in advanced group, i dont think you have to worry that much. not everyone in A group is super fast. find someone that laps at a comfortable pace and follow them through the corners. after a couple of laps, you'll get used to the track. this is the way i learnt Mosport, Watkins and VIR.

sorry to hear bout the death of your mom btw, i guess its understandable that your season got thrown off.

and joel, i dont think 9 or 10 track days for you would come anywhere close to quenching your appetite. lol... did you count how many you this year ? i am curious to know. even with my shortened season this year, i still did 10 track days (4 events).

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0