View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
ewodzien
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 3.5d

Marius76.. thanks for your info.

So, if I understand you correctly, I do not have the gearbox update because I have 2.47 and the update was only 2.48.

Correct?

Can you describe how the update makes things better.

-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius76 View Post
CAS- Car Access System

The CAS serves as an antitheft alarm system and enables the start of BMW vehicles.
A transponder chip is integrated in each of the vehicle keys. A ring coil is fitted about the ignition lock. The transponder chip is powered by this coil from the CAS control module. This means that no battery is necessary in the key. The power supply and data transfer take place in the same way as a transformer between the loop antenna (coil) at the ignition lock and the transponder chip.
The key then sends data to the CAS control module. If these data are correct, the CAS control module enables the starter by means of a relay located in the control module and additionally sends a coded start enable signal via a data link to the DME/DDE.

EKP is the gearbox module, but I would update all available modules or at least DME/EKP and CAS. It will take you about 30min.

You have 2.47.7 data version

Im sorry for confusion, but it looks that update for the gearbox was released when 2.48 data files were available.
Yesterday I was checking gearbox software # for someone who has 2.47 data and there was no new software available for the gearbox.

Your current integration level E89X-12-07-507 is higher then my July update E89X-12-03-502.

I just did my update at the beginning of July when 2.46 DATA were only available. At the end of July or early August 2012, BMW released DATA 2.47 and in December 2.48.

I-Step E89X-12-07-507 is ISTA/P 2.47.5 though 2.48.0

I-Step E89X-12-07-508 is ISTA/P 2.48.1 though 2.48.2 (current)

If you dont have coding cable on your own, find someone who has it and check it in INPA or Tool32.

Other option, go to the dealer and ask for diagnosis. They will give you print out from ISID with all modules in your car with current software number.
Previous rides:2011 335d Jet Black / Black w/ Sport Pkg - Loaded
Appreciate 0