View Single Post
      07-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
R4R
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
i did my rears on my 335D in 17K miles and replaced them with PS2 ZP (RFT) they are ok, but still not convinced. however i still have the original RFT Bridgestone’s on the front so really cant tell until i have changed the fronts to PS2 ZP.

on my Z4 3.0 i have PS2's (normal tyres) and they are unequivocally the best tyre in the world bar none.

in its 4 years and 37,000 miles it has had Bridgestone RFT RE050 6 tyres 2 sets of rears 1 front, i don't need to tell you how crap they were and how driving the Z4 hard down a back road was a dangerous thing to.

Then I changed to Pirelli P Zero Nero 1 full set. they lasted all of 6,000 miles (quite a few track days) these were night and day different to the RE050 RFT's good tyres, but the edge of the tyre was too soft (tread area abut 40mm from side wall to middle of tyre) on track it just scrubbed off. None the less a good tyre.

Finally i am on the PS2's. so far have had 2 1/2 full sets and they are awesome..... With out exception exceptional wet ability fantastic dry and not too bad on track as the edge of the tyre is well reinforced with less gaps between the tread blocks.

As my 335D is on a maintenance plan i am some what stuck with the RFT's.

Can’t wait to fit the front ZP's

Dario
www.vehicle-launch-incar-video.co.uk
Appreciate 0