View Single Post
      01-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #20
Shawn_speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6Sp.

Most people are probably too excited or ignorant to go through the planning and this process. Maybe my experience will change their minds.

I was ignorant, took delivery in Europe, and drove it 1750 miles. Took redelivery in Oregon, drove down the coast (it was a blast) and arrived in Phoenix Sunday night in Early December. It rained most of the way through California so my white car was almost black. Set up work lights and went through my usual car washing routine. Imagine my surprise when I saw all the swirls under the work light when I was done. My first wash and the finish already looked a year old.

The light bulb sort of went on when I started reading this detailing section of the forum. I was a poster child for opposite day. I wasn't following any of the good practices and I had collected all the bad habits.

Salvation came in the form of a private message to Picus. He became my personal consultant over the next two weeks, edited my list of supplies to buy, hooked me up with a supplier, walked me through all the steps necessary and even examined the after pictures and gave me a passing grade.

Eternally grateful,

Shawn
Phoenix
Appreciate 0