05-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #12
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan.sidarta View Post
First of all, Thanks to Longtran! Hail Longtran! hahaha.. So I took my car to the muffler shop but they said that they can't do the BMW Performance exhaust with quad tips on my 328i. So I told Long, and he took my car to the muffler shop for me, along with a couple of friends of his I think. (Please tell me who u guys are if u guys are reading this thread, you seem friendly=)) Anyhow, I came to pick it up today, and was really pleased with the result. My quad tips are up, and God damn, if I took that 328i badge out, then it looks like an M3 from the back.

So I excitedly turned it on, and I was disappointed. The sound was almost no different or no different at all to stock. Previously I had a Muffler Delete and that was loud and sexy, although it was too loud from the inside, and the drone was killing me. Now, this is too soft... I read many reviews and people telling me how awesome the BMW Performance exhaust is. They said that the sound was growling and had a boob boop woob sound or something, but when I first turned it on, I was wondering what was the difference between this and the OEM ones.

So I tried driving it, and it is alittle different, very silent inside and had no drone. (This is the positive) However, I could hear a very very very small sound from the inside, almost not noticeable. When I rolled open my windows, I can hear a small sound, but not sure whether it is actually any different to the OEM ones or not. I think it is alittle louder, but really really really small.

I drove alot today to try to notice the difference, but really it was almost insignificant. Maybe I got used to the Muffler delete, as it was so loud and sexy from the outside. Anyhow, when turned the engine off, I did smell the fumes, and it was soo strong. I think when I was driving it even slipped in somehow. (I know many members complain about this too, and I feel u =D)

So, Overall I wasn't too happy spending 1000++ on this exhaust and felt that I should have gone with the cheaper Magnaflow =( I was thinking with that money I could get Magnaflow+BMW Performance Intake.. I really hope though, that when it breaks in, its louder and sexier as everyone said it should be..

I'm sorry this is such a crappy review, but this was my experience with the BMW Performance Exhaust.
First off: Sorry I had to do that.

I have had my PE for about 4 months now and I love the sound. It does not sound like the stock muffler.

My only guess is the quad setup. It is possible that the sound that is traveling down the longer pipe to the passengers side is killing the tone. Maybe you should hear one of ours. I think you are local to me.

I was worried when I got mine that it would be too loud. I have to admit that I am very pleased I purchased this exhaust as the sound it great.

If you want to meet up sometime just let me know.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0