10-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #253
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Jesus... This thread reminds me of an article in Evo magazine about how bland Americans are becoming with their color choices. I truly believe this color should be submitted to the Subaru mediocrity campaign. Sorry to shit on most of you here but anyone with half a color-receptive eye can tell that the color blends in with the pavement, the concrete, the gray sky, and so on. Even with the green tinge... What the fuck?
Dude, I don't even post here anymore because I returned my e90 lease over two years ago but this comment is complete BS. I had to come back just to defend how truly amazing Arctic is and if you haven't seen it in person I highly suggest you refrain from making such remarks until you do so. Arctic is one of the most dynamic colors BMW has offered, shifting from gray to green to blue to silver depending on the light and it is FAR from mediocre or boring. As you can see from the photos below, the color is quite stunning and looks even better in person. Here is the breakdown of the color:

35% Pearlessant Gold
29% Brilliant Silver
13% Micro white
13% Fine Silver
4% Black
3% Laser Dark Blue
2% Metallic flakes MB799
1% Laser Brilliant Red
Attached Images

Last edited by Nikki; 10-29-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0