12-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #755
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteB View Post
anyone ever got a superspeeder ticket? got me 84 in a 55... anyone know what to expect?
Well, It depends on what city, county, state you get the ticket. Rates are governed by each... Rates are also slightly different if the officer is state, city, or county. It also depends on the road - interstate vs state highway vs city street and zoned areas...

The super speeder ticket should be an extra $200 or so above whatever the ticket rate is... The officer probably dropped your speed to just below 30mph over to keep from writing you as reckless driving - which at their descression - can happen from 30mph and above past the posted limit.

Just to put it in perspective, I received a ticket driving to savannah a year ago that was 85 in a 70. I was going through camden county - and the ticket cost $1220.

My wife received a ticket here in Suwanee the other day - 56 in a 45 (that is somebody just trying to make money for their department) and it cost $172

So I'd suspect you will be in for about $500 or better plus probably a super speeder fee of $200 or better... and of course your points, which will be high for that speed -and the insurance cost going up... If this is a first ticket, you could try and go to court and plead traffic school - pay $200 bucks or so... then again, cop could not show and have your case suspended and pay nothing... its all about chance now...
Appreciate 0