02-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Preventive "Flush-EVERYTHING" deal?

Hi guys.
So I was chatting with my dealership about my new-to-me 2008 xi (bought with 73,500 km (45,650 mi) with a largely unknown service history, now at about 84,000km (52,000 mi). It is CPO for 1 more year and I will put almost 60,000 km/yr (37,000 mi/yr) on it. What I'm trying to avoid is skipping out on preventive fluid changes at the expense of stuff breaking down AFTER the CPO is over.

Reading your maintenance posts, MANY issues and suggestions surround fluids. My dealer offered me the following package which is about 30% ***CORRECTION: about 17%. hm. not so big a deal now...*** less than doing them all one-at-a-time. What do you think, on two counts:

1/ Good idea or waste of money to flush EVERYTHING to try to ensure a fresh starting point for me during my ownership of the car? I know they can tell me the service history, but it feels like sleeping in someone else's bed without fresh sheets (for those who know what that might be like... ha)

and

2/ Price of $1740+tax (Canadian dollars...about the same as USD but I don't know what your service rates are like - e.g. $135 CAD for dealership oil change here) for all of the following in one shot: Oil change, Spark plugs, Coolant flush, Power steering flush, Brake service / fluid flush, Transfer case fluid flush, Fuel injector flush, Microfilter, Air filter?

?

Last edited by BmerMeUp; 02-28-2013 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: 17% not 30%
Appreciate 0