View Single Post
      01-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleach View Post
I have removed the hose before and cleaned it all up. It was a pig to get on and off.
That is actually quite a good description of removal, although I did pry it out with a flat screwdriver.
I didn't realise the new seals were interchangeable with the old hose. So as my oil has reappeared I'm going to replace the seals.
I managed to get the bottom clip off fine as I only had to pry the clip out with a flat headed screwdriver, but My hands/arms did get covered in oil

Its the top clip I am struggling with, I dont understand how the clip is held on and how to unclip? Do I have to twist the hose, pull it, push it etc

When you re fitted the hose did it not just clip back into place?

Apparantly in 2009 BMW changed one of the seals to give it a more tighter fitting. some say they also changed the design of the hose by a few mm. I have decided to bite the bullet and replace the whole pipe. I have taken it into the garage 2x. On both occasions the seals have "suposidly" been changed by the garage but I dont know. As for a short while it didnt leak and now has started to leak again. I can only presume the design of the hose and the new hose will cure it?
Appreciate 0