View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #34
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
Having said that, are you sure you are ready to give up everything for the sake of your business? I mean, work 70+ hours a week and give up social live and fancy food, drink, cars, vacations? If you aren't, don't do it. I started my own business at 29. Worked, worked and worked. Lost 1/2 my hair, got 10-20 points higher BP, lost my youth. But now, at 39 I'm doing fine. My gamble was to sacrifice TEN years of my life so I could enjoy the rest of my life. Will you sacrifice 10 years of the PRIME of your life for it? My back hurts, my eyes are tired, I'm old, but now I enjoy life... Only you know if it is worth it. TEN years is a LONG time and IMO, I was lucky.
totally agree. my last "real" job was in '03, when i left i was pulling ~130k in what seemed (outwardly) like a great career. i've endured a financial/emotional roller coaster, burned several bridges, nonstop criticism from conformists (office space people), moved several times, was all alone several times, when you slip they all jump when you rise they don't recognize it... on and on.

things finally gained momentum about a year ago, and even then, the adjustment was rough. when i started, it was about making the big bucks. through the years, the journey changed me also: now it's about enough money and spreading a philosophy.

i'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. you only live once: better to try and fail than live wondering. you can take everything else, you'll never take my will.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 11-29-2012 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0