Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanX
This is a flaw I have found in the integrated unit - I have the idrive so im not a help at all for your solution - but for me the unit WILL NOT "shuffle". It will pick 1 random song and then continue on in order of the playlist. If someone has a solution for this I would love to hear it.
Behavior of the RANDOM function is well documented, both on this site and in the owner's manual.

When random is active songs will be selected Randomly. If you are playing a song and then hit the RANDOM soft key the system will randomly select a song immediately and play it. If you select NEXT track the next SEQUENTIAL track will play and if you do nothing else the following track will once again be randomly selected. I understand that this is not the norm for most audio systems these days, and it is a flaw in the design of the stereo, but that is the way it works in our BMWs.

Also, this problem is not with the iPod adapter - it is with the stereo control unit. If you play a CD or MP3 CD random operates the same way during playback of those formats.