01-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Emperor
Rockstar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc View Post
Behavior of the RANDOM function is well documented, both on this site and in the owner's manual.

When random is active songs will be selected Randomly. If you are playing a song and then hit the RANDOM soft key the system will randomly select a song immediately and play it. If you select NEXT track the next SEQUENTIAL track will play and if you do nothing else the following track will once again be randomly selected. I understand that this is not the norm for most audio systems these days, and it is a flaw in the design of the stereo, but that is the way it works in our BMWs.

Also, this problem is not with the iPod adapter - it is with the stereo control unit. If you play a CD or MP3 CD random operates the same way during playback of those formats.

You're right- it's documented this way, but it doesn't actually work this way, unless you do a lot of messing around like I mentioned in my post above. Frustrating to say the least.