Thread: Lemon Law
View Single Post
      07-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Darkclaw13
-----------
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Lemon Law

I got a question for people in VA. I need to get my car lemoned and I dont know how to get the whole process started. A little history. I took my car into the dealership for some a ticking noise. They found the wastegate acutuators have gone bad, so they replaced the wastegates. After the wastegates were replaced, there was a noise coming from the turbos, so they replaced both turbochargers. So after a month in the shop I had new turbos. I thought great, now thats over I can enjoy the car again. A little over a week later, the same noise that I brought the car in for originally was back even louder than the first time. So I took the car back and this time the Field Service Engineer came and looked at it. They then proceeded to tell me that all the BMW recommended repair had already been performed and that the problem is under investigation and they will contact me when a permanent solution has been found. So I decided at this point that I needed to get out of this car. So I contacted the GM of BMW of Fairfax, and they said that they would see what they could do. I then contacted BMW NA and told them the problem. They called me back this morning that they could provide no assistance in buying the car back from me because there is no problem with the vehicle. So I need to lemon it now and I need to know how to start the lemon law process?