11-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
A clutch kit for your car would run about 350-500 for an oem replacement. This damage is normally accumulated over time of abuse and not necessarily from one instant. The car is still drivable long as you know how to rev match gear to gear (drive to a shop to avoid towing charges).
That actually is really good and ill be willing to pay it because its about 1000% less than bmw (no exaggerations) I replaced my clutch once and it ran be 4k... thanks to the stealership and ill definitely try to drive the car but not as far as the tranny shop is. The shop is about 1 mile away (if even) but I have to go thru a series of busy twisted small streets and stop and go traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
Syncro can be difficult getting into gear, grinding and some times having issues with it kicking the car out of gear.
When I busted it yesterday, I kept trying to throw it into second gear but it kept shooting me out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Believe it or not chirping tires is better then actually hooking the next gear. Drivetrain shock is the most abusive nature in shifting. Chirping or spinning tire transfers less load to the drivetrain. But any power shifting can be abusive at the end of the day.

I know many guys making big power on FWD cars, they actually use a tire that is not adequate power in hopes of spinning tire on power shifts as opposed to hooking, and sending all that energy through the drivetrain.

TO the thread starter:

Can be many things...

Does it make a noise engaging all gears, or only 1 gear.
Does the noise only come when you press the clutch pedal or after the gear is engaged.
Is there any resistance shifting into any of the gears more then usual.

Answering some of these questions might help to narrow down a potential problem.
I haven't tried all gears but yes it does in first and second, it shot out of second twice when I tried to throw it in. The noise actually goes away when I press the pedal and returns when I lift off. There's a slightly stronger resistance than before but the gears still go in
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0