View Single Post
      08-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Polo609
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 325i sport package

HELP! E90 issues, won't start..but theres more.

I know I should search, but I am so pissed off right now.

I have an 06 325i sport with 132000kms on it, and it won't start today. Theres more though. Two days ago, I was driving it in the city on a warm day, and it started beeping at me. I looked down at the display, and I had a yellow overheating warning...which turned red within 30 seconds of it being yellow. I had to pull to the side of the road and see wtf was going on! Ive never had issues with my car...

I opened the hood and it was clear that coolant spewed out of the overflow bottle. I let it cool down for 10min and started back up, drove one block and had the same problem.

I was close to a gas station and I bought coolant and filled it up, although it didnt take much. I was able to get home after a few cool downs and restarts.

I let it sit for 2 days, and i just went to start it today, and the car went bizerk. It didn't start, display was flashing on and off repeatedly like the battery was dead, and then my airbag light came on red, and then I couldn't take my key out.

I forced the key out and left the doors unlocked and walked away.

Has anyone witnessed this? I narrowed down the problem the other day to thermostat and water pump...but what are the odds that the battery needs changing too??
Appreciate 0