Thread: E92 335 Lsd
View Single Post
      05-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMASIAN View Post
I don't see how being a diesel sedan effects the type of LSD/f/d combo necessary. I also don't see where you concluded that he has a 335d based on the thread title, "E92 335 Lsd" although that is irrelevant...

An appropriate response from a trusted vendor would have been the option of various brands and the OPTIONAL final drive ring and pinnion.
I may have read it wrong. If it was a "D", the $4600 is one of the less expensive options.

If it wasn't a "D", but rather an "i", then it's a different story. With a welded ring gear on late model 335i's, you are still looking at a $1995 Wavetrac or $2588 for a Quaife final drive. You can not simply purchase the LSD only and expected to be installed locally as the ring gear must be machined.

Given the memeber's location, a drive shaft may even be required as the drive shaft to pinion flange is different than the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I did the uninstalling/installing of my pumpkin myself. I got my wavetrac from mike@n54 for 990 shipped in a GB. Paid 35 for new seals and 125 for the install. Out the door in my car with an LSD I was 1150 out of my pocket.
That is a one time deal and will not happen again. Wavetrac drop the ball on that one to allow a none authorized dealer to sell Quaife at the price!

You are one of the few with a bolted ring gear on a M/T, production date before 02/2007. Any 335i after that must purchase a complete final drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
I think you can get an LSD for around $1000 plus labor......?
If someone is selling the Wavetrac at $1000, I wan to know about it. Wavetrac will remove their dealership status.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 05-08-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0