12-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #107
jscholes
Registered
Rep
Drives: E84 Xline X1 n20 2014

would this work on a 2014 e84 x1 xline n20 came with halogens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
I know within the next couple of weeks a handful of peeps are going to be recieving some euro xenons and we got info all over the place so I thought wed bring the Main important stuff to one thread!
This conversion will give u an error for 5 sec if the car is started and the light switch is in the OFF position.
YOu will get NO error if you start the car with the light switch in the ON position!

HALOGEN TO XENON

1. REmove front bumper by following this DIY:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...bumper+removal

2. remove headlights from a couple screws as noted in pic#3 by evos4!

3. replace headlights with euro xenons like the ones shown in pics 1&2

4. Install front bumper the reverse way you removed it!

5. Electrical wiring needs to be modified! as noted in pic#8(courtesy of 96vette)
If you do not do the mod only the angel eyes and high beams will work!
First we need to add a Ground to the chassis! this is connected to hole #2 on the plug. The best ground is the one noted in pic#4 (green wire running up the black wiring harness bolted to the silver NUT that holds the ground box!

6. Splicing the high beam wire to add the bixenon shutter wire!
First cut the high beam wire#6 in half! add a but splice at the end of the wire coming from the car and crimp it in place..Then take an ADDED wire and twist it together at the end so u can put it in the butt splice together and crimp! Now u should have two wires coming out of the one connection as shown in pic#5

7. now to put these extra 2 wires in the plug is a bit of a trick! u will see on the outside of the plug itself a piece that holds the pins in the plug! Remove this piece the one shown in pic#6 and use it to hold the bare wire in the plug once uve pushed it in!
Use electrical tape and wrap it around the wire until u have a wide enough circle to fill the hole to prevent any moisture getting in there as shown in pic#7

8. wrap your connection with electrical tape and make it look OEM as possible and plug em in! Go turn them XENONS ON!!!

THis is done at your own risk I do not assume responsiblity for anyones car! If you do not feel confident in wiring I would suggest handing this DIY to a mechanic so that he can do it for U!
would this work on a 2014 x1 xline e84 n20 please
Appreciate 0