05-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #107
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
I don't know if you've explored it, but the other day I saw that Cobb has a nice DIY tuning software suite for the 335. My suspicion is that it is compatible with the 328, just minus some adjustments for turbo-specific items. It's like $3k, which is a bit too rich for my blood, but it does mean unlimited adjustment to your own tune, by anyone who you see fit to make those changes, and at your convenience.

I also doubt it would work with this SC kit, since it sounds like there is a non-factory pass-through ECU-module that stands between the actual ECU and I guess the engine outputs? With this kit you'd need a reading program compatible with that (probably. you might be able to tune some car-based ECU variables and have them interact with the SC kit's box downstream, but that gets complicated and I wouldn't recommend it, since you'd likely find it to be more problematic than it's worth. But I don't know.).
I understand these are BMWs, but $3,000 is a bit much for tunning one car. Maybe if I was active in racing and was building a purpose built car I could see spending $3,000 on tunning software. However I am interested in whether or not this would work for our application.

-Nate